Sunday, November 29, 2009

What do I think of a Bute-Pavlik fight?


After Lucian Bute's impressive knockout of Librado Andrade in the fourth round last night, there has been speculation that HBO wants to push a Bute vs. Pavlik fight sometime in 2010. I think this is a very interesting fight. However, I say let the winner of Paul Williams and Sergio Martinez get a crack at Pavlik first. That being said, I think Williams will win this one. Then providing Pavlik gets by Williams have him fight Bute at a catchweight of 165.



However, I do think Bute would beat Pavlik. He is a slick boxer with power and he knows how to move around the ring. I'm sure he'll be able to stay away from Kelly's big right hand throughout the whole fight. With that being said, Bute takes this. But I do think it would shut up the Pavlik haters like myself if he went this route because at least he won't be ducking anyone. Whether he is or he isn't, it certainly looks like he's been ducking Paul Williams. So if Pavlik ends up fighting Williams and Bute, I have no right to challenge his decisions because he would be finally taking initiative and taking more dangerous fights.

XthephenomX

No comments:

Post a Comment