Monday, November 16, 2009

Mayweather wants Pacquiao!

According to an article on BoxingScene that Floyd Mayweather says he's ready to fight the "one-dimensional" fighter as he calls him, Manny Pacquiao. I don't think Manny is anywhere near one dimensional in the sense that he creates so many different angles and punches from every which direction, however, I will say Manny is a bit reckless because of he always likes a fight. With that being said reckless isn't such a great trait against a sharpshooter like Mayweather.


Floyd goes on to say that it's a no-win situation for him though. He explains that if Manny Pacquiao beat Floyd Mayweather the world is going to be shocked, but if he beats Manny Pacquiao, critics will say that he was supposed to beat Manny Pacquiao, he's Floyd Mayweather. He feels the fact that Manny has been beaten before and even knocked out on two occasions will decrease the value of his win. But if someone beats Floyd, he's undefeated, no one has ever been able to do it.

I disagree.

I think Pacquiao is on a level right now where most people cannot see ANYBODY beating him. I for one was not caught up in the whole Pacquiao hype against Cotto, but after seeing that fight and not only seeing him prove me wrong, but dominating and stopping one of the top welterweights is something that really put me in my place.

Do I think he could beat Mayweather? Will see when that fight comes around. But I do know that it is definitely a step in the right direction towards making perhaps the biggest super fight in boxing history.

Click here to read the article.

Visit Bust'EmUp!

XthephenomX

No comments:

Post a Comment